Last Night, the late GREAT Whitney Houston was remembered in a star-studded TV tribute that sent many viewers in the building and on couches everywhere to tears. Celebrity friends, including Jennifer Hudson, Usher Raymond, CeCe Winans, Yolanda Adams, Celine Dion, Halle Berry, Brittany Spears, Teraji Henson, plus all graced the stage last night to pay homage to the Whitney.
I said it once and I’ll say it again, the tribute special “We Will Always Love You: A GRAMMY Salute to Whitney Houston,” which aired last night on CBS, was the RIGHT way to say Goodbye. THANK YOU CBS and GRAMMY!!!
Amazing Job to all of the speakers and performers…
My Thoughts of the Performances
- Jennifer Hudson (I’m Every Woman, How Will I Know, I Wanna Dance With Somebody )– It actually wasn’t bad. I enjoyed seeing and hearing her perform the uptempo medley.
- Celine D.(Greatest Love of All) – No words. Celine voice is already beyond amazing and truth of the matter is, only she could sing a Whitney song and do it justice like Whitney did.
- Usher (I Will Always Love You) – Of course, I most definitely have a lot of respect for Usher and he didn’t let me down. This was one of Usher’s best vocal performances to date.
- Yolanda and CeCe Winans (Count on Me)– Boy O Boy… Most definitely took the house down. Although, I wanted CeCe to perform or sing a little more of the song… they still killed. Yolanda Yolanda.. you SANG!!!
- Whitney Houston (I Will Always Love You ‘Reprise’) – LOVE YOU WHITNEY
Check Out the PERFORMANCES BE-low and let me know your thoughts…